Choosing a word or theme for your new year is a great way to keep focus on how you want the year to play out. Words are very powerful, as they can elicit emotions that feed drive and motivation. The more compelling the words are to you, the more connection you will feel.
The power of words are nothing new, as you can look at songs, poems. ad motivational quotes, which are all ways we feel an emotion which then creates an attachment to something o someone. The resulting emotions then lead to a behavior and taking action of some kind.
You can choose a word, phrase or a particular theme for areas of your life, such as:
- for your home: purge, simplify, cleanse
- for your relationships: love, honor, closeness, respect, boundaries
- for your mental clarity: great ideas, peace, gratitude, confidence, honor myself, carpe diem (seize the day)
- for your career/business: focus, money come easily to me, connections, workplace happiness
- for your relationship with money: abundance, savings, no more debt, freedom
- for your health: eat clean, no excuses, or you can borrow from Nike – just do it
I think you get the idea; see what you can expand on in these areas, which you may have more than I’ve listed. The point is, we need to find ways to keep motivated on the goals and outcomes we’ve set – choosing a word or theme is a great way to keep motivated and in achievement mode. As an add-on, make a picture or visual representation of what you came up with.
Keep your word or phrase in places where you will see it: as a screen saver on your fridge or bathroom mirror, or on a sticky note you keep by your computer screen. The more you see them, the more focus and motivation you will have to keep working towards your new-set goals and finish the year out strong.
If you feel stuck on finding your theme, or setting goals for more achievement in the new year, let’s talk!
Committed to Your Success Coaching & Consulting focuses on workplace happiness and organizational success. If you need help gaining clarity on your business or career goals, why not get some help – stop the struggle and call today to get started! https://cyscoaching.com or email@example.com. For more great tips, visit our other blog at https://allaboutcareersites.com